How To Use Under-Eye Gel For Dark Circles
After years of burning the midnight oil and putting in your best efforts, what do you get in return? Those stubborn dark circles! But hold on, before you blame it all on sleepless nights, know that these under-eye shadows have more than one culprit. Factors like genetics, pigmentation, and the sheer delicacy of under-eye skin play a role in this beauty woe.
Now, the good news: Simple Skincare is here to your rescue with the Protect N Glow Vitamin C Brightening Under Eye Gel. In just 15 days, this eye gel works its magic to make your dark circles noticeably less prominent. That's right, no more reaching for that concealer! Take a look how.
But before that…
What Is An Eye Gel?
If you have often found yourself googling, ‘do eye gels work’, let us tell you this, they do! Eye gel, the rising star in skincare, is a cooling gel specially formulated for the delicate skin around your eyes. This lightweight product not only leaves your skin feeling incredibly refreshed and hydrated but also works wonders on those pesky signs of ageing and dark circles.
Okay But What Causes Dark Circles In The First Place?
Several factors can contribute to this common skin concern, and it's essential to know what you're up against:
- Sleep Deprivation: The most obvious factor is a lack of sleep. Having inconsistent sleep patterns can lead to puffiness under the eyes, giving you that "I haven't slept in weeks" look.
- Genetics: Sometimes, you can blame it on your genes! If dark circles run in your family, you might be more prone to them. Hello, unwanted family heirloom!
- Age: As we age, our skin undergoes changes. It becomes thinner, and collagen production decreases, making the blood vessels beneath the eyes more visible, resulting in dark circles that seem to come out of nowhere.
- Lifestyle Factors: Unhealthy lifestyle choices such as excessive smoking, alcohol consumption, and a poor diet can contribute to dark circles. It's like your body's way of telling you, "Hey, take better care of me!"
- Allergies: Allergic reactions can cause under-eye puffiness and discolouration, making you look like you've just had an emotional breakdown.
- Sun Exposure: Sun damage can lead to pigmentation and darkening of the skin under the eyes. So, if you've been basking in the sun without proper protection, those dark circles might be your sunburn's subtle revenge.
Benefits Of Using Under-Eye Gel
If you are wondering what are the uses of eye gel or its benefits, we get you! This is a comprehensive guide from us to you!
- Hydration: Under-eye gels are often loaded with hydrating ingredients that help to plump and moisturise the skin, reducing the appearance of dark circles.
- Anti-Inflammation: Many gels contain soothing ingredients which work as a soothing balm after a long day. They reduce inflammation and puffiness, making you look as fresh as a daisy.
- Skin Lightening: To combat the pigmentation that causes dark circles, some gels incorporate skin-lightening ingredients like Vitamin C.
- Puffiness Be Gone: Eye gels have an impressive talent for reducing puffiness. Their cooling properties soothe and de-puff the under-eye area, making you look rejuvenated and ready to conquer the day.
- Banishing Dark Circles: Say farewell to those bothersome dark circles. Eye gels often contain potent ingredients that target pigmentation and uneven skin tone, unveiling brighter skin.
- Shields From External Stressors: Eye gels often act as a protective shield, guarding your skin from external stressors like pollution and harmful UV rays.
- Non-Greasy Formula: One of the best attributes of eye gels is their non-greasy nature. You can enjoy all these benefits without worrying about an oily residue.
How To Apply Under-Eye Gel For Dark Circles
Opt for a 100% soap-free face wash and say goodbye to dirt, makeup residue or impurities first before using the eye gel.
2. Pat Dry
After cleansing, pat your face dry with a clean, soft towel. Avoid any harsh rubbing, as the skin around the eyes is delicate. Hydrate your skin then with a moisturiser.
3. Dispense A Small Amount
A little goes a long way with under-eye gels. Use your ring finger to apply a small amount, about the size of a grain of rice, to the under-eye area.
4. Don't Rub
Gently pat the gel into the skin. The ring finger exerts the least pressure, which is crucial for the delicate skin under the eyes.
5. Follow The Contour
Apply the gel in a semicircular motion following the natural contour of your under-eye area, from the inner corner to the outer corner.
6. Wait For Absorption
Allow the gel to absorb into your skin before applying your sunscreen.
7. Apply Morning And Night
For the best results, use your under-eye gel both in the morning and at night as part of your skincare routine.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q:1 Can I use my regular moisturiser around the eyes, or is an eye gel a must?
A. While moisturisers are excellent for overall skin hydration, the skin around the eyes is thinner and more delicate, making it more susceptible to irritation. Eye gels are specifically formulated to address the unique needs of this area, making them a better choice for targeting concerns like puffiness, dark circles, and fine lines.
Q:2 Are there any specific ingredients I should look for in an eye gel?
A. When choosing an eye gel, seek ingredients like Vitamin C whereas Alfalfa Seed Extract, White Lupin de-puff under-eye bags. Always check for ingredients that suit your specific eye concerns.
Q:3 Can I use an eye gel in combination with other skincare products, such as serums and sunscreen?
A. Absolutely! Eye gels are designed to work harmoniously with other skincare products. Apply your eye gel after cleansing and before other products like sunscreens. Just ensure it's fully absorbed before layering additional products to maximise their effectiveness and avoid any pilling.
- Written by Needhi Dhoker